Intermediate Level Natural Perfumery Course Syllabus
NOTE: you must have received a certification diploma from the Natural Perfumery Institute to enroll in the Intermediate Course, or have permission from the Institute to enroll. Please use the contact page to confirm eligibility before enrolling.
- You’ve made a beautiful perfume, using drops, either diluted or undiluted. You need to learn specific gravity to be able to scale up that perfume in volume. We teach a fun, easy way to work with specific gravity, and you’ll know the cost of every batch, down to the penny.
- Inexpensive laboratory equipment makes perfume creation easy. The module on laboratory equipment will open your eyes to help simple gadgets can make in your studio.
- Comparing and contrasting aromatic oils is necessary to allow you to see the interactions and reactions they have with each other. It’s more than accord-building, it’s scent memory building and exploring all possible accords.
There are several core learning modules that all are required to take and one elective.
1. Specific Gravity
– Working with specific gravity program and converting all of the aromatics in your organ to usable items with specific gravity and cost built into an Excel blending worksheet. The Excel worksheet was designed by Anya McCoy and an engineer and is copyrighted.
Sample image of part of the Excel blending worksheet:
2. Compare and Contrast
– Extensive compare and contrast evaluations on aromatics, complex, and different from the accord studies in the Basic Course.
Sample image of the base chart for compare and contrast evaluations:
3. Laboratory Equipment
– Using various laboratory equipment and devices in perfumery, including an ultrasonic machine for tinctures, (and also for aging modifications.) Learn how to use conductivity meters, filtration devices, separatory funnels, and more.
Sample image of the laboratory equipment:
Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) meter
Tuition is $2000 and the time frame is one year or less. A diploma of certification that the Intermediate Level has been successfully completed will be awarded.
**You must have completed the Basic Course at the Natural Perfumery Institute or petition the NPI for admittance to the Intermediate Course.